Dickinson, North Dakota, 1965. It's a harsh winter, and freelance indexer Marjorie Trumaine struggles to complete a lengthy index while mourning the recent loss of her husband, Hank. The bleakness of the weather seems to compound her grief, and then she gets more bad news: a neighbor's fourteen-year-old disabled daughter, Tina Rinkerman, has disappeared. Marjorie joins Sheriff Guy Reinhardt in the search for the missing girl, and their investigation quickly leads to the shocking discovery of a murdered man near the Rinkermans' house. What had he been doing there? Who would have wanted him dead? And, above all, is his murder connected to Tina's disappearance? Their pursuit of answers will take Marjorie all the way to the Grafton State School, some six hours away, where Tina lived until recently. And the information she uncovers there raises still more questions. Will the murderer come after Marjorie now that she knows a long-hidden secret?
—SUSAN CRANDALL, bestselling author of f Whistling Past the Graveyard
- The Rattlesnake Season (Berkley), 10/09 -Josiah Wolfe #1
- The Scorpion Trail (Berkley) 04/10 --Josiah Wolfe #2
- The Badger's Revenge (Berkley) 04/11 -- Josiah Wolfe #3
- The Cougar's Prey (Berkley) 10/11 -- Josiah Wolfe #4
- The Devil's Bones (Five Star) 05/12 -- standalone mystery
- The Coyote Tracker (Berkley) 08/12 -- Josiah Wolfe #5
- The Gila Wars (Berkley) 05/13 -- Josiah Wolfe #6
- Vengeance at Sundown (Berkley) 08/14 -- Lucas Fume #1
- See Also Murder: A Marjorie Trumaine Mystery (Seventh Street Books) 05/15, #1 in the series.
- Escape From Hangtown (Berkley) 06/15 --Lucas Fume #2
- A Thousand Falling Crows (Seventh Street Books) 01/16
- See Also Deception: A Marjorie Trumaine Mystery (Seventh Street Books) -- 05/16, #2 in the series.
- Where I Can See You (Seventh Street Books) 01/17
- See Also Proof: A Marjorie Trumaine Mystery (Seventh Street Books) coming May 01, 2018, #3 in the series.